Skip Logos, Search and Top Navigation
Skip Top Navigation


Authorization to Hold a Federal Student Aid Credit Balance Form

Use this form to authorize credit balances from Title IV funds to be held on a student account. This is completely voluntary, and the student can opt out of this authorization at any time. The form must be signed by the student to authorize the hold of a credit balance—for a credit balance resulting from a Federal Direct Parent PLUS loan, the parent borrower must sign.

Request for the Return of Loan Funds

Use this form to decrease or cancel a loan already disbursed into a student's Bursar Account. Indicate the amount of the loan to be returned on the appropriate line. The form must be signed by the borrower to authorize the return of loan funds. For a Federal Direct Parent PLUS loan, the borrower is the parent, not the student.

Form W-8BEN

Form W-8BEN is a Certificate of Foreign Status of Beneficial Owner for United States Tax Withholding. By law, foreign students are subject to IRS information reporting and/or tax withholding on any income received from United States sources. An Individual Tax Identification Number (ITIN) is required for this purpose. For complete details, please see our page on Form W-8BEN.

Form W-9

If you are a United States citizen or a United States resident alien and have not provided the University your Social Security Number (SSN) or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN), complete Form W-9. Your SSN or ITIN is required to be furnished under authority of law. It will be maintained securely and utilized by the Pennsylvania State University for tax reporting purposes. Learn more at

Old Main