Why hasn't my scholarship been disbursed?
Students must keep in mind that each organization handles their scholarships differently, but here are some general guidelines:
- Scholarship funds are disbursed into students' accounts when the funds are received.
- If the student is given the money directly, University Park students should take the check to the Office of the Bursar, 103 Shields Building.
- Students attending another Penn State location should take the scholarship check to the Business or Finance Office at their campus.
- If the check is mailed directly to Penn State and is made payable only to Penn State, the money will be disbursed into the student's account.
- If the check is made payable to both Penn State and the student, the student will be notified by e-mail go to the Bursar/Finance Office to endorse the check. Once the check has been endorsed, the funds will be disbursed into the student's account.