IMPORTANT: Faculty Senate Recommendations on Billing - Effective Fall 2018
After careful consideration, the University is adopting two recommendations made by the University Faculty Senate effective fall 2018 to assist students/families with the payment of semester balances. These recommendations are supportive of requests from students and families and offer a more flexible billing process as indicated below:
1) Extending the first bill date of a semester (spring, summer, and fall) until after the regular drop/add period of that term and enrolled course(s).
- Penn State generates monthly student account statements typically the first week of the month. The first billing statement of the semester now will have an extended due date until after the regular drop/add period.
- The Fall 2018 billing will begin in August and will have a due date on August 27, 2018. Students & authorized payers will receive an email notification when the statement is ready to view/pay.
- All other monthly statements (September, October, and November) will continue to have a due date on the 22nd of the month.
2) Implementing an optional four-installment payment plan to distribute the bill payment across the first four months of the fall and spring semesters. Due to the shorter length of the summer session, the installment payment plan for summer will remain at its current three monthly installments.
- The option to pay the student account balance using the installment payment plan will now have 4 monthly installments for fall and spring.
- Fall 2018 semester installment payments will be due on August 27th, September 22nd, October 22nd, and November 22nd.
- Spring 2019 semester installment payment due dates will be announced.
- Due to the shorter length of the summer session, the installment payment plan for summer will remain at its current three installments.