How do I claim a PA 529 Guaranteed Savings Plan tuition payment?
If you are planning on using Pennsylvania 529 GSP funds, please follow the steps below:
- After you receive an e-mail notification that your billing statement is available, log into your Student Center.
- Select "Manage My Account/Make a Payment".
- Select "View" or "Download" in the "Your Statements" section.
- Print and/or save a copy of the Billing Statement for the account owner to submit with the Payment Authorization Form(PAF)or with an online qualified withdrawal.
The PA 529 GSP payment, as well as any additional personal payment being made by other means, must be received by the statement due date in order to avoid any late fees.
Account owner instructions
- Complete the Payment Authorization Form (PAF) provided by PA 529 GSP or access your account online at www.pa529.com to print a PAF or complete a qualified withdrawal online.
- If completing a qualified withdrawal online, upload an electronic copy of the billing statement(see #4 above).
- If completing a paper PAF, mail or fax both the PAF and the copy of the billing statement to PA 529 GSP.
PA 529 Guaranteed Savings Plan
PO Box 55463
Boston, MA 02205
Please note: Penn State cannot request funds from a PA 529 GSP account on behalf of the account owner. Therefore, please DO NOT mail your PAF to Penn State.
PA 529 GSP mails PAFs in July or early August for the fall semester and in October for the spring semester. Summer PAFs are provided upon individual request. Additionally, a PAF can be obtained online at www.pa529.com or by calling 1-800-440-4000.