The Student Account Statement can be paid by any of the following methods:
Paying with an eCheck is a fast and convenient method to pay the tuition
Tuition can be paid online with an eCheck (electronic check) by logging in to the Student Center in LionPATH (Students) or the Student Account (Authorized Payers). Penn State has contracted with CASHNet to securely process online eCheck payments. Payments with an eCheck must be made from a personal checking account drawn on a US bank. An eCheck payment will appear on your monthly bank statement as PENN STATE UNIV PAYMENT. There is no fee to pay by eCheck.
IMPORTANT: A bank debit card or credit card will NOT work when making eCheck payments. Your bank account number is not the same number that appears on your debit card. Only checks from regular checking accounts at U.S. domestic banks (including most credit unions) work for eCheck payments. Be sure to copy the routing/transit and account numbers very carefully from your check. If you are unsure as to whether or not your check can be used or what routing/transit and account numbers to enter, call your bank and ask them if your account can be used for ACH (Automated Clearing House), and verify the correct numbers you should use before you try to make your payment on CASHNet.
** If you enter incorrect values, have insufficient funds, or, if you attempt to use a check that is not from a regular U.S. domestic bank checking account, CASHNet will return the transaction. All returned checking and savings payments are subject to a $25 returned item fee. After 2 failed attempts at processing an eCheck, the system places an irrevocable negative service indicator on your account, which will prevent you from using eCheck as payment for the duration of your studies at Penn State.**
Tuition can be paid online by credit card
Payments by credit card can be made online by logging in to the Student Center in LionPATH (Students) or the Student Account (Authorized Payers). Penn State has contracted with CASHNet to securely process online credit card payments. We cannot accept credit card payments via mail, phone, or in person. There is a 2% Service Fee for each payment made by credit card.
- American Express
We accept check, cash or money order payments by mail or in in person
If mailing a check or money order, print the Student Account Statement's remittance stub and mail it with your check or money order made payable to Penn State to:
- DO NOT MAIL CASH
- PLEASE ALLOW 5 BUSINESS DAYS FOR PAYMENT TO BE PROCESSED AFTER IT IS RECEIVED
- Flywire is the only method of payment and only option for sending international wire payments to Penn State.
- ***Use of Penn State’s bank wire information is no longer a preferred method of payment. For security reasons, Penn State does not provide its bank information to payers to send direct wire transfers. Please submit payments via Flywire. ***
- Flywire (PeerTransfer Education Corporation (d/b/a Flywire)) has been Penn State's partner since 2012.
- Flywire offers payment methods for every country aside from U.S. Government Sanctioned countries.
- Flywire saves students/families a significant amount of money compared to traditional banks by offering excellent foreign exchange rates and in most cases payments can be made in the student’s home currency.
- Students/families can track a payment from the moment it is initiated until it posts to the student account.
- Multilingual customer support is available 24/7:
- By Phone: 1-800-346-9252, 1-617-207-7076
- By email to: email@example.com
Pay your tuition in a few easy steps:
The benefits of paying through Flywire
- Eliminate hidden bank fees - ensure Penn State receives the correct amount.
- Save on exchange rates. Flywire has a best price guarantee. If a bank is offering a better rate, Flywire will match that rate and provide the payer a $25 gift card.
- Pay in your own currency (in most cases). - in most cases you can make a payment in your home currency.
- Peace of mind - payment tracking and 24x7 multilingual customer support.
- Any additional funds received by Penn State in excess of $5,000 beyond the current tuition and fees will be saved in your Student Account for next semester. No refund of more than $5,000 will be made.
- For questions concerning Flywire call: 1-800-346-9252, 1-617-207-7076, or send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- For more information on how Flywire works, visit www.flywire.com/how-it-works/
- Now you can make your Flywire payment and monitor its status right from your phone! Download the new app from the iTunes Store or Google Play store.
Enroll in the Installment Payment Plan every semester
Penn State offers an Installment Payment Plan every semester, which allows you to pay your tuition in installments over four months in fall and spring and three months in summer.
|Number of Payments|
|Installment Payment Plan Due Dates|
IMPORTANT: The last day to enroll with 25% of the balance due in fall and spring, and 1/3 of the balance due in summer is the first Installment Payment Due Date.
|$45 non-refundable enrollment fee
Covers all administrative costs.
Who can enroll?
Any student/Authorized Payer can enroll in the Installment Payment Plan.
When do you enroll?
What payment methods are accepted to enroll?
|Late Payments/Negative Service Indicators|
|Payment not received by the due date will result in a negative service indicator (financial hold) being placed on the account. Negative service indicators have multiple implications including not being able to register for a course/future semester, not being able to purchase transcripts, and if graduating a hold on receiving your diploma. Failure to make a payment by the due date may also result in the suspension of your Installment Payment Plan and the assessment of a 1.5% late fee on the total outstanding balance.|