Should I Consolidate My Federal Loans?
A loan consolidation combines federally funded loans into a single new loan, reducing your number of payments each month. Consolidation typically results in longer repayment plans with lower monthly payments.
Please note, University loans and Private loans are not eligible for federal loan consolidation.
- Smaller payments
- Special rate discounts may be available
- Fewer bills
- Forfeiture of the majority of deferment and cancellation provisions
- Longer repayment period (up to a 30 year repayment schedule)
- Great Lakes Educational Loan Services, Inc.
- FedLoan Servicing (PHEAA)
- What loans can I consolidate?