Should I receive a discount because my mother/father or spouse is employed at Penn State?

Yes, the employee must submit a "Dependent Grant-In-Aid Form" to the Employee Benefits office to receive the discount. The Dependent Grant-In-Aid online form must be completed for EVERY semester or summer session in which the Grant-In Aid is to be applied for a dependent and/or spouse. This form can be found online at

Once approved by the Employee Benefits office, the staff discount will appear on your tuition bill. The 75% deduction will only be applied to the tuition. The staff discount cannot be applied to room and board charges, Information Technology Fee, and Student Fee (Student Initiated Fee).

If you have additional questions, please contact the Employee Benefits office at 814-865-1473.